Monday, February 17, 2014
Batavia Chess Tournament 2014
The 6th Batavia Chess Tournament takes place from Friday, February 21th to Sunday, March 2nd, 2014 in Café Batavia 1920, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
The games will start each day at 14:00 hrs. The final round starts at 12.00 hrs. Wednesday, February 26th is a rest day.
Cafe Batavia welcomes spectators and International Master Yochanan Afek hosts a special afternoon program in Cafe Batavia.
The cafe is located opposite the Amsterdam Central Station, in the direction of Zeedijk, left to the St. Nicholas church, at Prins Hendrikkade 85.
1. GM Sipke Ernst (2575)
2. GM David Smerdon (2508) (AUS)
3. IM Twan Burg (2494)
4. GM Simon Williams (2449) (ENG)
5. IM Sander van Eijk (2438)
6. IM Merijn van Delft (2423)
7. GM Zhaoqin Peng (2398)
8. WGM Alina L’Ami (2398) (ROU)
9. IM Steven Geirnaert (2391) (BEL)
10. Jorden van Foreest (2371)
The last year winners were Alon Greenfeld and Twan Burg
Lennart Ootes for the tournament website