Monday, April 21, 2014
GMs Van den Doel & Khenkin share 1st at Prinsenstad Weekendtoernooi
The seventh edition of Prinsenstad Weekendtoernooi Chess Tournamentwas organized by OGD and DSC from 18th to 20th April, 2014 at the Grotius College in Delft, in the Netherlands. More information here
In the main Group A the local GM Eric Van den Doel and GM Igor Khenkin from Germany shared the first place with 5/6 points each.
GM Reinderman Dimitri, GM Haslinger Stewart G, GM Vyacheslav Ikonnikov, GM Danin Alexandre, FM Miguoel Admiraal, Lars Vereggen and IM Chiel Van Oosterom shared third place in a 7-way tie with 4/6 each.
The tournament was played in four groups. You can see the final standings in each group below.
Official website/ Live games with full analysis
Final standings in Group A (top finishers):
1. GM Van den Doel, Erik 2560 5
2. GM Khenkin, Igor 2574 5
3. GM Reinderman, Dimitri 2590 4
4. GM Haslinger, Stewart G 2544 4
5. GM Ikonnikov, Vyacheslav 2570 4
6. GM Danin, Alexandre 2595 4
7. FM Admiraal, Miguoel 2309 4
8. Vereggen, Lars 2265 4
9. IM Van Oosterom, Chiel 2369 4
10. GM Sergeev, Vladimir 2457 3